Sunday, September 25, 2016

26 for 26

UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 25, 2016
I think I did pretty good. I only missed out on six, and there is still time.

Originally Posted: October 2, 2015
As I embark on yet another year in a new place, I was thinking of what I would like to accomplish this year. In no particular order, here are my goals to complete by October 1st, 2016.
  1. Run at least a 10k race
  2. Deploy nationally - LA floods
  3. Snowboard at least once - It was AMAZING
  4. Hike at least twice - Bear Mountain, w/Ciku in DC and in PA.
  5. Attend a big parade in NYC - so many parades! Thanksgiving Day, Memorial, Pride Festival, FDNY, and more!
  6.  Travel out of country (or at least have it booked!)
  7. Learn to do something new (enroll in a class?) I did learn a lot of new things even if I didn't enroll in a class
  8. Take one of those painting classes (wine and pallet)
  9. Volunteer at a big race - NY Marathon! and Brooklyn Half Marathon
  10. See a live concert (can be small) - Pandora Music Festival, tons of live music, Americana Festival, etc
  11. Tour the 9/11 museum and memorial - when my parents visited we toured, now I have a pass
  12. Tour the United Nations
  13. Kayak the Hudson - only once and it was just what I needed
  14. Take part in a snowball fight
  15. Earn a rank in any martial arts or start my own class
  16. Date
  17. Have a picnic - I always pack food when I hike
  18. Go up state at least once - when Glenn visited, we went all over the place from upstate to CT to MA. Everywhere!
  19. Have someone visit me! - AmeriFriends passing through, my mom on a layover, Glenn, friends on layovers, my parents, Ciku!
  20. Try the pizza place Hollis told me to try - it is closed down. :(
  21. Climb to the top of Lady Liberty
  22. Re-sign my contract with work - I still can't believe I'm no longer in servic year terms
  23. Buy a real bed - my new place came with one
  24. Visit all 5 boroughs - often through the Red Cross but nonetheless, I feel well versed in my community
  25. Attempt to have a house plant or herb - RIP aloe plant. Stay strong bamboo shoot.
  26. Tour a firehouse - maybe it wasn't a tour but I did volunteer inside one
What are your goals?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm attempting to comment and say that I'll come visit you and that we should go snowboarding. The trouble is that it only prints my first name, and you have a family member named Heather, so I didn't want to make it confusing. I'm not your family member, I'm Heather Johnston.

      Delete
  2. Heather! I can't wait for us to visit each other! Let me know when some of your school's long weekends are so we can work something out. We might be able to meet in the middle too! All sorts of ideas during your college years. :)

    ReplyDelete